Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mirror, Mirror, On the wall

Mirrors are a fun way to decorate!


 It all started when I found a bunch of  square 12" mirrors at Goodwill really cheap and a pack of 1" mirrors at Joanns for a couple more bucks. I was trying to figure out what to do with them and this pretty design ended up on my wall. (Recently I put a picture of Christ in the center of the big swirl.) I attached the to the wall with some foam tape - a little square in each corner - and they have been securely attached to the wall for over two years. Hooray for foam tape!


Pretty as these mirrors are, they are not exactly the right height for my face... so I usually just catch glimpses of the top of my head or shoulder or belt buckle... It's a matter of opinion whether that is a good or bad thing though.


I found some more mirrors later and tried out a different pattern in the stair well in combination with some painted paper plate centers (cut out for some cub scout activity earlier).

 I made the picture larger so you might be able to see some of the fun designs painted on the circles. I think I was going for something cheerful and fun to combat the rainy days.

 These last mirrors are a reminder of the Japanese exchange student we hosted for a couple of weeks. She and her friend made a special Japanese dinner for us. Afterwards the other host mom got out some foam board for us to make a collage about ourselves and our goals. She called the project something really cool and mysterious - which I of course forgot. Then when the collage was finished we glued the foam board onto the mirror with some really smelly glue - probably rubber cement (be sure not to get any on the mirror that will be showing through!) I really love how they all turned out! It was so nice of her to involve us in this fun project and let us use her materials.



Prince Charming got to make one too. His cut out shape is a kite and there is even a string coming off the end. The kite is floating up among the clouds along with a race car, a private jet, and a mansion... Pretty accurate actually - those dreams may be up in the clouds for a long time.







 And I bought some fun star shaped mirrors for a night time scene in the bedroom - in progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment